Culinary Essentials 1
Culinary Essentials 1 is a core five-day job-training course. It provides a foundation for entry-level jobs in a variety of food industry settings such as restaurants, cafes, retail markets, healthcare, schools, catering, and more.
You will learn these skills …
- Basic culinary techniques and applications
- Food safety and sanitation best practices
- Kitchen equipment identification, care, and use
Each day, you will gain a basic understanding of cooking techniques and apply that knowledge by following recipes using those techniques under the supervision of experienced chefs.
Each graduate will receive a professional chef’s knife kit upon completion of the course. The Culinary Team will then assist graduates with resumes and job placement. Learn more about our Allie’s Place Alumni two-year commitment of assistance.
All students in our program must meet the following requirements:
- Received COVID-19 vaccinations
- Be 18-years-old or older
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Classes are conducted in English; non-English speakers who understand English/can follow directions in English are able to enroll