Summer Camps offer a welcome opportunity for children to engage in fun, healthy, and educational activities. Camps Lanowa and Wakonda are unique experiences that offer a true, traditional summer camp atmosphere, and are nationally accredited by the American Camps Association. Summer Camp often provides many first-time experiences for our campers, while simultaneously providing parents the chance to focus on their own progress and goals knowing their children are in caring hands.
Camp sessions offer boys and girls ages 7 through 13 the rare opportunity to discover the world beyond New York City. Campers are able to explore the grounds of Harriman State Park, which has over 200 miles of hiking trails, 31 lakes and reservoirs, camping grounds, beaches, and an abundance of wildlife.
Camp activities include:
- Hiking and exploring on wooded trails
- Swimming and boating in a mountain lake
- Singing and telling stories around a campfire
- Sleeping in tents and cabins
- Reflecting on the sights and sounds of a new environment
- Learning about earth sciences and nature
- Practicing reading and writing skills
- Working with computers and technology
- Playing basketball and baseball
To learn more, please visit the HFH Summer Camps website.